Basic Troubleshooting Tips
If you encounter technical difficulties on our platform or exams, please try the following. First, you should be on a computer or laptop, since the WorkHub will not work from a phone or a tablet. THEN,
- Check your link. You should be using https://workhub.transcribeme.com/. THEN,
- Make sure Chrome is up to date. In Chrome, click on the More (⋮) icon. If there is an update available, you'll be able to choose Update Google Chrome and Relaunch once the update is done. If you don't see that option, then Chrome is up to date. THEN,
- Clear your Cache. In Chrome's browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData, OR go to the Chrome menu > Clear Browsing Data. Select Browsing history, Download history, Cookies and other site and plug-in data, and Cached images and files. Next to Time range, choose All time. Click Clear browsing data. Quit Chrome and re-open. THEN,
- Reboot your computer. Shut it down. Start it up. THEN,
- Try an Incognito Window. In Chrome, click on the More (⋮) icon in the upper right. Or go to Chrome's File menu and choose New Incognito Window. Try working in the hub from there. THEN,
- Check your equipment. Do you have a new router? Newer routers now come with their own firewall protection. Make sure the permissions are set correctly.
- Make sure you're on a private network. Some users have found that firewalls and permission settings interfere with Hub connections when using a public network, such as at a school, cafe, or library. THEN,
- Reinstall or Reset Chrome. If none of this has worked, you can try reinstalling Chrome completely, which may fix some problems. You can also "reset" Chrome by going to More > Settings > Advanced Settings > Reset Settings.